Who likes cleaning? If you are a big fan of spending the weekend cleaning your home, you are probably on the Endangered Species List. If you hate cleaning as much as we do, this article is for you. More often than not, you don’t have time for a full-scale cleaning, especially if your friends have just called to announce their upcoming (and totally unexpected) arrival. Is there a way not to blush while sweeping dust under the rug with your foot? Thankfully, there is. It’s speed cleaning! We have collected the most important tips to clean your home in under an hour and enjoy the spotless rooms for as long as possible.
1. Put All The Cleaning Tools In One PlaceCollecting your sprays, rags, and sponges from all over the house takes too much time. Gather them all together in one bucket or caddy, and carry it around with you. By maintaining such a habit, you can save up to 20 minutes of cleaning time.
2. Learn To Use Natural Cleaning ProductsYour entire house can be cleaned with baking soda, white vinegar, lemon, and water. While you are spending hundreds of dollars on sprays filled with chemicals, the highly efficient and cheap cleaning products are simply lying around your house. According to Murphy’s Law, your favorite glass-cleaning spray is bound to run out the moment you need to arrange a speedy cleanup. If you know how to use vinegar to clean your glass, you don’t have to waste time running to the store or struggling to wash your mirrors with tap water.
3. Use The Garbage BagYour speedy cleaning will become even speedier if you take advantage of a big garbage bag. Get a really big one and take a quick walk around the house, picking up the clutter. The more stuff you remove from the floor, shelves, and coffee tables, the cleaner your home will look. In fact, don’t put this stuff back when the guests are gone. The less clutter you have in the house, the less often you need to clean it.
4. Clean Top To BottomThe dust you clean off the top shelves softly falls down to the floor. Accordingly, if you vacuum before dusting, your efforts are futile. Start with the tops of closets and cabinets and make your way down to windowsills, tables, and floors. If you want to reduce the amount of dust in your home, consider investing in an air purifier that can reduce air dust. It won’t just minimize your dusting efforts but will improve the overall appearance of your room. Unless your house is facing a terribly busy street, an air purifier can keep you from dusting for weeks.
5. Let The Cleaning Solutions SitDo you spray cleaning solutions on the tiles, sink, and toilet only to scrubbing like crazy immdiately? You are losing time. Allow the cleaning solutions to sit for a while before wiping them off. You’ll be amazed at how they do the job without your assistance. In fact, make spraying these cleaners a priority. Before you start any of the tasks, do the spraying.
6. Use Damp Rubber Gloves To Remove Pet HairLint rollers are amazing for keeping your clothes clean, but it will take you forever to clean a couch with them. If your pet’s fur is lying around all over the house, put on the rubber gloves (in fact, you shouldn’t take them off throughout the cleaning session), dampen them, and pick away. When it comes to speed and quality, a wet glove can replace a dozen lint rollers. It’s cheaper too. If you’ve invested in an air purifier, it can simplify your pet hair cleaning efforts, by trapping large pieces of fur on their way to beds, couches, and rugs.
7. Buy Paper TowelsWhile it’s not too environmentally friendly, if you are in a rush, the ends justify the means. All your cleaning tools, especially rags and sponges, require frequent cleaning and replacement. If you run to the bathroom to wash your rag every time it gets dirty, you lose precious time. So if guests are knocking on your door, take advantage of paper towels.
8. Employ a DisguiseDo you know what makes your home appear sparkling clean even if it’s not? Fresh flowers! If you aren’t 100% confident in the appearance of your home but want to make a good impression, buy fresh flowers. They divert a person’s attention from all the minor flaws in your cleaning efforts.
9. Turn Up The MusicBesides such smart appliances as robot vacuum cleaners, air purifiers, and dishwashers, your biggest cleaning assistant is your favorite music. You’ll be amazed at how much faster you can clean your home when you set the right mood.
Cleaning can be fun and easy even if you are pressed for time. The above tips can improve your efforts considerably.
This article was written by Julia Montague – check out her author bio here